Nashville Water Heater Repair
Reliable Hot Water Heater Replacements
For most homeowners, the idea of living without a reliable, efficient water heater is not one that they would even entertain. If you are experiencing issues with hot water in your home, you can count on Michael's Plumbing Service to ensure that your water heater is always able to excel in its operation.
We install and service both traditional tank and modern tankless water heaters in both gas and electric models throughout Nashville and the surrounding areas. When choosing to install a new water heater, it's important to take the time necessary to get to know the pros and cons of both options. Our Nashville water heater replacement team will help you determine which type of water heater will best meet the needs of your home and your budget. In addition to our water heater services, we provide expert drain cleaning and plumbing services!
Water Heater Repair vs. Water Heater Replacement
If you are water heater is acting up, you can count on the experts at Michael's Plumbing Service to restore your home's hot water as quickly as possible. We take pride in delivering high-quality water heater repair & replacement services utilizing the latest technology, brands, and equipment.
It can be difficult to determine whether repair or replacement is the option. Below, we outline signs you need water heater repair vs. water heater replacement.
Signs You Need Water Heater Repair
- Loud noises - Not all sounds coming from your water heater mean the same thing. If you hear rumbling or grinding, you could need water heater replacement, but snapping and popping just mean there's been sediment build-up in your unit and it just needs a thorough cleaning.
- Low water pressure - Another symptom of sediment build-up can be low water pressure. If all your water pressure is slow, it could be your pipes but if it's just your hot water then contact our water heater repair experts.
- Some cold water in your hot shower - It might not seem like much, but if there's a leak on the inside of your water heater, you could get incoming cold water mixing with your outgoing hot water.
- Rusty colored water - If there is the reddish/brown discoloration to your hot water, then contact our water heater repair professionals. It could be that the corrosion has spread to your tank, but it's more likely that we just need to replace the anode rod and your unit should be good to go.
Signs You Need Water Heater Replacement
- Old age - Traditional tank water heaters usually last around 10 years while tankless water heaters can go for 20. If your water heater is much older than their respective life-spans and need repair consult our water heater installation experts because a new unit will be cheaper than more money into repair.
- Repair after repair - While in any individual scenario water heater repair may seem like the cheaper option. It isn't the cost effective solution if your unit keeps needing repair.
- A damaged tank - While other parts can be fixed or replaced pretty easily, fixing the tank from leaks or corrosion might cost more than the water heater is worth so it may be time to consider a new water heater installation.
- Utility bills on the rise - If the utility that powers your water heater is steadily on the rise, it may be time to consult our water heater replacement specialists. As the units age, they'll become less efficient over time and it could be towards the end of its use.
Choosing the Right Water Heater for Your Needs
There is a fair amount of debate over which type of water heater is "best": gas or electric. In truth, there is no one "best" water heater, only that which is best for the individual house. Below we discuss these two most popular water heater options in Nashville.
Both gas and electric water heaters have their pros and cons:
- Natural gas tends to be the preferred fuel source, as it is not only efficient but also quite affordable and clean-burning, for a fossil fuel. It also requires gas piping and proximity to a gas main, however. This raises a few concerns and issues for some.
- Electricity is available just about everywhere and is a strong alternative. Not every homeowner will have access to natural gas, and not every homeowner will want to pipe a combustible fuel into their home. However, keep in mind that, despite their efficiency, electric water heaters can cost more to operate because of the price of electricity.
Don't Forget Your Annual Water Heater Flush!
If you want to get the best performance possible from your water heater for the longest amount of time, scheduling routine water heater maintenance is your best bet. Even so, of course, your water heater will run into trouble from time to time. This is just the nature of mechanical systems.
We offer two annual water heater courtesy safety inspections to members of the Michael’s Club Service program. These inspections can help prolong the life of your water heater and allow our technicians to catch and address minor issues before they become major problems. In addition to these twice-annual water heater inspections, members of the Michael’s Club Service program receive 15% off services, no service fees, and priority scheduling! Make sure to check out our glowing reviews as well as our amazing promotions!
If you are in need of water heater replacement in Nashville, contact Michael's Plumbing Service today.